Last modified: September 26, 2016
A. INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO PROVIDE
If you register using Facebook or Twitter, you are allowing us access to your Facebook or Twitter account. By allowing us to access your Facebook or Twitter account, you understand that we will obtain and may share certain of your information including your public profile, name, and profile picture. We only obtain information from your Facebook or Twitter account that you specifically authorize and grant us permission to obtain. If we ever add to the list of Facebook or Twitter authorizations you will be required to give your permission again.
Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly viewable screens or pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Please note that information that you voluntarily make public in your user profile, or which you disclose by posting stories, comments, photos, or any content will be publicly available and viewable by others. We are not liable for any information that you voluntarily choose to make public through our Services.
B. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Display relevant stories and content for you.
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services or information.
- Communicate with you about submissions, questions, comments, requests or complaints that may be relevant to you.
- Monitor and analyze usage data and trends, and to better personalize our Services for our users.
- Investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities or content.
- Diagnose and fix problems.
We require an email address when you register for our Services. We use your email for both “administrative” and “promotional” purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of these e-mails, including whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time via the opt-out links provided in such communications. However, we reserve the right to send you administrative emails such as service announcements, security alerts, update notices, or other administrative messages without affording you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications.
Research: In addition to the uses outlined above, by using our Services you agree to allow us to anonymously utilize your usage information to research trends and promotion efficacy. This research is intended to improve the user experience and may be be published on our site, emails, blogs or promotional materials. All of your responses and specific experiences are kept anonymous.
C. INFORMATION WE COLLECT RELATED TO PROVIDING OUR PRODUCTS AND THEIR FEATURES
When you use our Services, we may collect and store information about your mobile device or computer and your activities. This information includes:
- Your mobile device's ID numbers (including device specific ‘Identifier for Vendor’ and ‘Advertiser Identifier’).
- Your mobile device's geographic location while the app is actively running.
- Your computer's IP address.
- Technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information.
- Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, privacy preferences, product preferences, etc.).
- The URL of the last web page you visited before coming to our Services.
- The buttons, controls and ads you clicked on (if any).
- Cookies on our website that help us distinguish between repeat visitors and new visitors. They allow us help us save and update your preferences. If your browser is set to reject cookies, then our Services cannot be responsible for any problems in functionality.
- Web beacons to help us personalize our Services, particularly for email communications.
- How long you used our Services and which services and features you used.
- The online or offline status of our Services on your devices.
- The town you identify during the registration process and at other times.
D. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Service Providers: We may share all of the types of information we collect with vendors who provide services to us (e.g. analytics providers, security and technology providers).
Analytics Companies: We allow analytics companies to use tracking technologies to collect information about our users" computers or mobile devices and their online activities. These companies analyze this information to help us understand how our Services are being used. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs, as described in the paragraph below (“Mobile device IDs”). Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
Mobile device IDs: In order to recognize you, store your preferences, and track your use of our Services, we may store your mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer and the advertiser identifier). Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
Aggregated Information: We may publicly disclose aggregated information about our users, such as the total number of our users and their overall demographics.
Legal matters: We may disclose any information: in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; to investigate or report illegal activity; or to enforce our rights or defend claims.
E. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not allow persons under 13 to register for any service, and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 13.
F. SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We endeavor to safeguard personal information to ensure that information is kept private. However, please be aware that unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, the inherent insecurity of the Internet and other factors, may compromise the security of your personal information at any time. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.